Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Am I no longer a grammar stiff?

I used to be a pretty big grammar stiff - going back to when I was editor of my high school newspaper. People speaking like they do in IMs and text messages used to drive me nuts. But time heals all wounds....

I realized this when one of our client's main statistics uses "thru" as in "drive-thru". It always drove me nuts that people invented a new spelling; surely saving twelve inches of neon tubes wasn't worth looking like a moron.

So today I was writing up a slide and changed it to "through." But alas grammar just doesn't rub me the way it used to. I changed it back. Thru it is. What it is, yo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

"what it is, vanilla face?"

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home