Thursday, October 18, 2007

What I'll be doing starting next year, part of a series

On the eve of my orientation in Dallas, Stone sends me the best article I've posted yet on what I'll be doing next year.

“We like it when clients push us hard, and we push them hard too,” he says. “Working together should be an experience that helps develop thinking on both sides.” When clients have worked out what they want to achieve but are open to new ideas, there is a much greater chance of a successful outcome, Mr Ott says. In this way, clients will be thinking more like consultants, while good consultants are able to put themselves into the shoes of their clients.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan! David Francis here, from the Wildcat last fall.

So, like (I suspect) most ex-columnists, I have ton of blogs bookmarked and I think Stone or somebody sent us your blog URL when you left the Wildcat.

Anyway I can't believe I didn't read your blog earlier because I noticed you are gonna be working in Dallas? I'm Dallas born and raised/back there all the time, so if you have any questions at all that a native might be able to answer let me know via Facebook or something.

I noticed you discovered DART, which I rode all last summer... it can actually be pretty solid depending on where you live/work.

Anyway take care man.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home