Monday, October 08, 2007

Brutal Honesty

Grace send me this hilarious piece on a Craig's list posting from an honest gold digger.
Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won’t get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?
And then an equally honest response from a rich guy, in business terms.
Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity…in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!
Maybe some things are better left unsaid.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Matt Stone said...

IHT picks up on the story:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/08/business/craigslist.php

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home