Sunday, September 23, 2007

How should I feel about this?

I spent nearly all of today at the beach. On Sundays in Rio they close the road on the beach, and now that winter is over it is cheio-para-caramba. Anyway once the sun went down it was beach movie time! This week a film festival meant free movies on a giant projection screen on the beach.

I wanted to rent chairs. The price, R$3 ($1.50). I asked if I could have it for R$2 since the guy had over a hundred chairs and was clearly going to be having a good day.

His response: No I canĀ“t sell it for less than R$3 because we have a monopoly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Hm, well if you have a monopoly you can do whatever the heck you want and just won't. If he actually meant collusion (as it would seem since there are multiple guys out there with their chairs marked differently) then maybe he really couldn't because he would face the wrath that Peruvian market lady faced.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home