Friday, September 28, 2007

"Blitzed"

Yesterday I had my first police search. I was leaving the favela and took a cab because I was in a hurry. I mistakenly took a cab right in front of Rocinha. As we were about to get on the road, there were three police officers "randomly" having cars stop. According to the driver it is illegal, but the police are corrupt. Anyway he obviously stopped me because I was a foreigner coming out of a favela.

He exhaustively searched my pockets, including reaching all the way almost uncomfortably. Then he took out my wallet. He grabbed the money and for a sec I was thinking he was going to keep it for himself. But he finished searching, asked a bunch of questions, and I was off.

No harm, no foul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home