Friday, May 11, 2007

A Dream Come True

You ever been sitting in crazy busy traffic just depressed and going nowhere. You ever been like, "man, how cool would it be for someone to just get all the cars off the road. I would do anything for that -just to have the road alone".

THIS HAPPENED TO ME TODAY. I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP. So I decided to take the shortcut from my house to downtown to meet a friend and his friends for drinks. I had no idea which bus to take or if there was even a bus. Finally I saw one, so I hopped on. But traffic was crawling. I mean Office Space style, where you see people walking much faster than you're going. This went on for about 45 minutes, which advances us about a mile.

Then out of nowhere 5 police motorcycles started coming through traffic. My first reaction was sweet, now what, just when I thought it couldn't get worse. Then a few minutes later traffic got much quicker. Then I saw that police had blocked three entire lanes that merged with the road we were on to go through a major tunnel. We whizzed by a normally highly congested area. They had also blocked off an onramp at another spot. Amazing. We had avoided major congestion out of nowhere.

Later as two police SUVs passed with the 5 motorcycle cops we surmised that the police really just needed to free other cops, but hey I'll take it any day.

The next time you're stuck in traffic, just think, there's a chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home